Opening May 8
Based on the iconic Oscar-winning 1994 Australian film, PRISCILLA, QUEEN OF THE DESERT is the hilarious adventure of three loud, proud and very different friends who hop aboard a battered old bus bound for the outback to put on the show of a lifetime. Along the way, they strut, dance, sing, laugh, cry, and learn more about themselves – while singing up a storm to a non-stop parade of dance-floor classics including It’s Raining Men, Hot Stuff, I Will Survive, I Love the Nightlife, Go West, Colour My World, Boogie Wonderland, Shake Your Groove Thing and many more!
We are looking for a dynamic and versatile cast who can not only meet the acting, singing and vocal requirements of the show but many of whom will need to be able to lyp-sync and look great in ‘drag’. Get ready to shake your groove thing and register from Friday November 1 for Priscilla auditions.
Co-Directors: Lynette White, Chris White
Musical Director: Andy McCalman
Choreographer: Lynette White
Set Designer: Chris White
Costume Designer: Victoria Horne
Lighting Designer: Brad Alcock
Sound Designer: Marcello Lo Ricco
Wig/Make Up Designer: David Wisken
CLOC Musical Theatre promotes an inclusive environment and welcomes all ethnicities, sizes, age ranges and genders to audition for its productions.
** Priscilla has adult content. Parental discretion is required.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL CAST AND CREW IN PRISCILLA QUEEN OF THE DESERT REQUIRE A WORKING WITH CHILDREN CHECK
• Please register for auditions online (www.cloc.org.au) and then you will be contacted to organize a time for your audition. Please upload a current photograph of yourself and a performance resumé (if you have one) when completing your audition form online.
• Prepare two contemporary musical theatre songs that show your range, type and vocal stamina. Pieces should also display performance and acting ability. You may be asked to sing one or two songs.
• Bring sheet music in the key in which you wish to sing (no taped music or requests to transpose). Please make sure the music pages are bound or stuck together –NO LOOSE PAGES PLEASE.
• Please wear fitted clothes for the audition (not loose fitting) so that the panel can see your body shape.
• You may be asked to read an extract of dialogue from the show. These extracts will be available for you to look atbefore you go in to the audition. All characters require a regional English accent, but this will be refined during rehearsals, so do not get too concerned and just do the best you can at the audition.
• Arrive early enough to talk through your song with the audition pianist and look over script readings.
• Dance: Be available for the Dance Audition on Tuesday evening, November 20. You will be notified by SMS on the evening of Monday November 19 if you are required to attend the Dance audition and at what time. At the Danceaudition, please wear fitted dance clothes, bring shoes (jazz/character or heels if you have them, but these are not essential) and be warmed up ready to start.
• Be available for Call Backs on Thursday November 22 (evening). You will be advised on Tuesday night (after the Dance auditions) if you are required for Call Backs and at what time. You will be emailed music/dialogue to learn and will be expected to present at performance standard at the Call Backs. If you have heels, please bring them to the Call Backs, but these are not essential (there will be a box of heeled shoes provided for you to try on and wear). Headshots and measurement for costumes will be taken at the Call Backs.
• Final casting will take place on Thursday night after the Call Backs, and all auditionees who have attended the Call Backs will be rung, whether successful or not. Everyone who auditions will receive either a phone call or an email sometime on Friday November 23. Please note that casting is not absolutely final until after the Call Backs.
• Children: Boys’ vocal auditions will take place on Sunday morning, November 18, with their dance auditions on Tuesday November 20 from 7.30pm-8.00pm. Boys will be advised at their vocal audition if they are required to return for the dance audition. Boys may be required at the Call Backs.
• Minimum age for auditionees: Adults: 18 plus at the time of auditions. Boys: 9-12 at the time of auditions.
• Rehearsals are on Sunday afternoon (1pm-5pm), Monday and Wednesday evenings (7.30pm10.30pm).
The audition form isn't posted yet, so cool your jets! Check back later.
Once you register on Cast98 for an actor profile, return here to fill out the online audition form. There are four steps to complete the audition form:
Once submitted, any changes to your conflict calendar will have to be approved by the show director. If you need to adjust your conflicts, edit them on your Cast98 profile first, then alert your director about the changes so that they can make an approval decision.
The cast list isn't ready yet, matey. Check back later.